In line with the Government’s Roadmap for lifting restrictions, owners are permitted to return to the racecourse from Monday 29th March 2021, which for Plumpton means that two owners per horse will be able to attend on Sunday 11th April 2021. (The May 9th fixture will see some further changes which we will clarify in due course).
Please also note that if you are travelling for the 11th April fixture - there are some roadworks that may make your journey more difficult and so please do switch on your Sat Nav's even if you are a regular visitor. East Sussex Highways is also helpful with the roadworks if needs be before you travel. If you are driving through Ditchling, the road closure signs are still showing, but the repairs seem to be beyond the Half-Moon Pub and so you can still turn left at this junction. It does seem though that though that the easiest approach is re-routing through Burgess Hill or Chailey.
When you do arrive, some restrictions still remain and so the details on how to attend are:
- Two owners per horse will be allowed to attend
- Track and Trace will still be in operation and so details of each person attending must be provided.
- The names and details must be provided by 4pm the day before the raceday via the PASS System (Only confirmed attendees will be granted access to the racecourse).
- Owners will continue to be based in the Amber Zone and this will open one hour before the first race.
- This means parking will be in the Rear car park and entrance through the North Entrance
- Owners will have access to the a de-brief and viewing area around the Parade Ring but unfortunately are not yet allowed in the Parade Ring as it is remains a green zone.
- The Owners & Trainers Bar remains closed but the Southdown Bar (shown on the map by the “Owners Entrance” arrow) will be open for light refreshments in line with what the Government roadmap allows us to provide.
- (For the raceday map, please click here)
- Before arrival, Owners must have completed the Online Learning Module (https://www.roa.co.uk/raceday/covid19/return/elearning.html) and signed up to the Owners Code (https://racecourseassociation.co.uk/experiences/owners/).
- Upon arrival, some screening questions will be asked and temperatures will be taken, which must be below 37.8 degrees to gain access.
- All owners must please bring Photo ID, your RCA PASS Card and a triple layered face covering.
- Face Coverings must be worn at all times (both inside and outside) except when seated to eat and drink.
- Social Distancing of 2m remains in place and the Government advice for travel to the racecourse is to come alone or travel only within your household bubble
The RCA PASS System Helpdesk can be contacted on:
Tel: 01933 270333 or e-mail: email@example.com (Open 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday; and so please make any enquiries as early as possible)
The racecourse contact details are:
Tel: 01273 890383 and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday and the best of luck with your runners.